When candidates complete the basic training for mediators, they each receive a mediator’s permit from the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Serbia. The license is first issued for a period of three years, and when all conditions are met, the license is extended to five years. The following conditions need to be fulfilled for the renewal of the first mediation license:
- to submit a proof of professional development, a total of 30 hours in three years, starting from the date of the first mediation license. Training can be done for up to 10 hours a year.
- to submit a proof of at least five mediations (as a mediator or a comediator) during the validity of the mediation license.
We currently have the following accredited specialized trainings:
1. Assertive communication of intermediaries – “Say no when necessary”
2. Mediation in commercial disputes
3. Mediation in the field of individual and collective labor disputes
4. Basics of presentation and public speaking skills
5. Mediation in the field of banking, leasing and insurance
6. The mediator in practice: From the registration of a business entity to the client
By the end of the year, we expect to receive accreditation for at least six more specialized trainings in various fields.
International Center for Education and Personal Development d.o.o. provides a free practice of 5 mediations (as co-mediators) for the participants who have completed the basic and specialized training in order to meet the conditions for renewal of the mediation license.